Rhylan started his first solo (vs. shadowing his big brother) class today- a toddler art class. I was really excited to find this class for him, as he loves art projects. It has become sort of a ritual around here that when I go into the kitchen to start preparing lunch/dinner, I hand him a piece of paper and his crayons, and he colors while I cook. He had a wonderful time at class today working on sponge paintings:
Making snowflakes:
And the final project, a Polar Bear:
This last project was really neat because he kept saying "Bear, Momma. Bear, Grrrr.... Dadda, dadda, dadda" After a few rounds of this I asked: "Are you wanting to give your bear to Daddy?", and his face lit up, head started nodding, as he smiled and said "Yeah". So, our "baby" officially dedicated one of his first art projects to Daddy. I tried to take it to Jason at the office on our way home, but unfortunately he was out at a meeting. However, when the whole family was home tonight, Rhylan remembered- grabbed it off of the dining room table, handed it to Jason and said "Dada Grrrrr". I am assuming that means "Daddy I made this bear for you", but I guess he could be saying that is what Daddy says---- just kidding of course, either way, it was really cute.
Can't wait until class next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment