Thursday, April 2, 2009

A "Quotable" Day

From the mouths of Babes:
Rhylan....
Me: "Can I have a hug?"
Rhylan: "No"
Me: "Can I have a kiss?"
Rhylan: "No"
Me: "Do you love your Mommy?"
Rhylan: "No"
Me: "Do you love Food?"
Rhylan: "YES" (as he runs to the kitchen.......)

Brayden......
As we pull up to our class he inquires about a small neighborhood tavern across the street:
"Mommy, what is that building over there"
Me: "What building"
Brayden: "That white building over there, that little one. I think it is a place that has beer."
Me: "Yeah, it is. It's called Huber's. It's a little bar and restaurant type of place. I have never been there."
Brayden: "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think we should go there for lunch. Rhylan and I could really go for a beer right about now."

(Mind you, this was 10 in the morning... not quite sure what was so stressful in a 5 year old's world that made him think that it was "Miller Time", but apparently he thought that after class Happy Hour should begin for the two of them......)

1 comment:

mrs. fisher's findings said...

This post was soooo funny! I read it to my husband it was so funny! I love kids, they say the funniest things!