Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Kids say the darndest things....



There have been so many times that I wished that I had written down something that came out of Brayden's mouth. He just cracks us up sometimes!! So, I have decided that would be one of the things I use this blog for- Kind of a "quote of the day" for what makes us smile around here. Just a couple of examples this week:

On Monday, we went to my OB for a follow up appointment. He of course waited until I was completely disrobed, with a sheet over my lap, just sure that the doctor would be making his appearance any second, to say "I going potty". I hurridly wrapped myself up and started making my way toward my clothing when, without fail, the doctor walked in the room. Brayden then said again, "I hafta go potty momma". My wonderful doctor offerred to take him. They came back a few minutes later, and Brayden said "Thank you doctor". I asked "are you thanking him for taking you potty?". Brayden very frankly replied: "No, I am thanking him for getting me out of your tummy- It was too dark in there!".

Then yesterday we were going to meet some friends for a lunch time play group at McDonald's. I had, of course, used it as a bribe for good behavior since the day before. (Ah, the age where bribery works!! I tend to use that technique a lot, as well as giving him "choices".)Upon turning into the parking lot, Brayden says "Mommy, I am so proud of you". I asked why. His response was "I am proud of you for making good choices today and taking me to McDonald's. That makes me very proud of you when you make good choices. It makes me really happy when you are a good girl".

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yes! That WAS a good choice! The kids had a great time, too.. and the Mommy's needed some chilling out time.. I love it when you make good choices! LOL The pic of the kids together is too cute.. I think I have the same one on my camera phone but I'm sure the quality sucks.