I just got back home from my 3 fun filled days in the hospital in Peoria. It was so nice to come back here, to a place where I can sleep, watch what I want on TV, not be poked at, and to see Brayden. I have really missed him with being in one hospital or another for pretty much a week straight!
I am exhausted, so I am going to keep this short. Hospitals are not a place to get any rest. The lights on and off, nurses in and out, middle of the night vital checks, roommates being moved in at midnight, and I am not really sure why they had to weigh me at 4:30 in the morning everyday, I am pretty sure that the scale would have said the same thing at 7 or 8 o'clock!! And that is all of the fun not counting the 12 times that they tried to start an IV on me, just to have my veins blow with each attempt!! (And for those of you who don't know, IVs/needles are my single biggest fear!)
All is very well with baby, and as well as it can be for me. The ultrasounds on the baby showed no abnormalities (Thank God!!) with his head, and everything else looked great. He is weighing in at a pound, which is a good 1/4 lb. bigger than average at this point. So, that was wonderful news!!
I did not end up getting a feeding tube, or any sort of line placed for now. The perinatologist said that although I have had a significant weight loss- about 20 lbs., that it seems to be pretty much maintaining within a 2-3 lb. range for the last few weeks or so. That, in combination with baby looking good, he felt that the risks (infection, etc.) outweighed the benefits of placing a line at this time. If I maintain at this weight, or hopefully gain, I should be ok. If I lose anything more, we will be coming back to the discussion. I am really relieved on so many levels about this decision. However, he did say that I may still end up hospitalized or at home on IVs should I continue to have "good days" followed by a relapse or set back where I become dehydrated- like what happened last week.
I did end up having a lot of contractions last night and was placed on a fetal monitor, which showed an active pattern. They were strong enough to warrant having another ultrasound this morning to make sure that they hadn't caused any dilation, and that I wasn't in danger of any on set of preterm labor. All looked good in that ultrasound, and we even got to get a couple of extra souvenir pictures of baby- 3 of them in 3-D !! I will get those scanned and posted as soon as the proud papa of the house brings them home from showing them off at work.
Thank you to all of you that have sent emails, cards, flowers, called, made meals, and stopped by to let us know that you are thinking about us. This has been a rough road, but I am over 1/2 way there. (21 weeks down, approx. 17 to go!) I still pray that this subsides completely, but in the meantime I am happy with just staying out of the hospital and continue hoping for the occasional day where I feel like I can function, or get out of the house to enjoy some of this spring weather!
I am exhausted, so I am going to keep this short. Hospitals are not a place to get any rest. The lights on and off, nurses in and out, middle of the night vital checks, roommates being moved in at midnight, and I am not really sure why they had to weigh me at 4:30 in the morning everyday, I am pretty sure that the scale would have said the same thing at 7 or 8 o'clock!! And that is all of the fun not counting the 12 times that they tried to start an IV on me, just to have my veins blow with each attempt!! (And for those of you who don't know, IVs/needles are my single biggest fear!)
All is very well with baby, and as well as it can be for me. The ultrasounds on the baby showed no abnormalities (Thank God!!) with his head, and everything else looked great. He is weighing in at a pound, which is a good 1/4 lb. bigger than average at this point. So, that was wonderful news!!
I did not end up getting a feeding tube, or any sort of line placed for now. The perinatologist said that although I have had a significant weight loss- about 20 lbs., that it seems to be pretty much maintaining within a 2-3 lb. range for the last few weeks or so. That, in combination with baby looking good, he felt that the risks (infection, etc.) outweighed the benefits of placing a line at this time. If I maintain at this weight, or hopefully gain, I should be ok. If I lose anything more, we will be coming back to the discussion. I am really relieved on so many levels about this decision. However, he did say that I may still end up hospitalized or at home on IVs should I continue to have "good days" followed by a relapse or set back where I become dehydrated- like what happened last week.
I did end up having a lot of contractions last night and was placed on a fetal monitor, which showed an active pattern. They were strong enough to warrant having another ultrasound this morning to make sure that they hadn't caused any dilation, and that I wasn't in danger of any on set of preterm labor. All looked good in that ultrasound, and we even got to get a couple of extra souvenir pictures of baby- 3 of them in 3-D !! I will get those scanned and posted as soon as the proud papa of the house brings them home from showing them off at work.
Thank you to all of you that have sent emails, cards, flowers, called, made meals, and stopped by to let us know that you are thinking about us. This has been a rough road, but I am over 1/2 way there. (21 weeks down, approx. 17 to go!) I still pray that this subsides completely, but in the meantime I am happy with just staying out of the hospital and continue hoping for the occasional day where I feel like I can function, or get out of the house to enjoy some of this spring weather!
Many of you have asked if I am "showing" yet with the weight loss. My answer to that would have to be a big negative. I actually took a picture of my non-existent belly today to have for this baby's scrapbook. Here you go...

1 comment:
That is all awesome news!! I'm releived as well.. I do hope things get more "normal" for you at this point.. We wanna see you out and about soon!
Post a Comment