+Atkisson+Boys.jpg)
Brayden summed it up beautifully yesterday. While holding his new little brother he said: "Mommy, baby Rhylan is perfect for our family". I think the words out of our almost 4 year old were more insightful than those of even the most articulate person- so well said, and so true!We are still at the hospital, but plan on going home today. We are both doing better than anyone could have expected. The doctor covering for my doctor actually had said that I could go home yesterday if I wanted to- she couldn't believe how well I am doing post c-section, she said my recovery has been "unbelievable"! We chose to stay just to get one more night of rest and to be on the safe side. We are anxious to come home today though.
Rhylan is doing extremely well also. His weight has dropped a little bit, but well within the realms of normal loss for newborns, and he has been wetting/dirtying more than enough diapers in a day, so they are really happy with how he is doing. After I posted the other night about having some issues with nursing, he decided that he loves nursing! He has started latching right on and feeding beautifully. The lactation consultant was just thrilled/surprised with the sudden turn around with how many weeks early he is! He has been sleeping for 3 hour stretches at night, only waking up for a quick feeding and going right back to sleep. So Jason and I actually feel rested (for the moment anyway!).
In a nutshell, things couldn't be better!!
sleeping+in+hospital+2.jpg)
5 comments:
You guys make some cute babies! HE'S BEAUTIFUL! (and I'm NOT just saying that!) I can't wait to meet him sometime soon. Glad to hear all is well and you are feeling better. It was so nice to talk to you the other day. I will call soon and check in. Congrats to BIG brother Brayden, too!
Love and kisses to all,
Samara, Jake & gaggle of kids
Congrats on the new arrival. Im happy to here that everything is going well. Keep in touch.
Teresa
He's adorable!! We can't wait to come and see him and the family sometime soon! We're so happy that everything is going much better for all!!!
Jimmy and Emily
He is "perfect". Can't wait to see everyone!! Hope everything is going well.
Love,
Aunt Tera & Uncle Jeremy
My name is Frankie Darrell Atkisson, more commonly called 'Jake', and I'm inestimably curious as to whether or not you folks are relatives of mine I don't know about, to cut right to the chase.
Please feel free to email me at: silence.of.the.mind@gmail.com
I inquire because I understand my father (also Frankie Darrell Atkisson, as I'm the Jr. in the line) to have been a very busy fellow, and for the family tree in it's entire to be unaccounted for down most branches.
And, even if you're not, you've got my last name, which isn't common!
So...email me if you like. I'd welcome the occasion to potentially discover relatives I didn't know I had, or at least make acquaintances of people who share the surname.
Cheers!
-Jake
Post a Comment