
We celebrated Rhylan's first birthday (a week early), last Sunday. We had a "little" get together/open house for some friends and family. Despite the threat of storms, the weather hung out for us, and it was a beautiful day to celebrate.

One of our neighbor's bakes and decorates cakes as a hobby, and had offered to do
Rhylan's cake(s) as a gift to him. Not only were they adorable, she makes some of the yummiest cakes I have ever had (and I am not a sweets person!). The french vanilla one is to die for!

Here is an updated shot of Rhylan and his friends, the playgroup "baby boom" of last summer (seen in previous posts), in birth order. (Rhylan, Evan, Olivia, Calvyn, Garren, Sebastien). Unbelievable that they are all going to be a year in the upcoming months! I don't know where time goes!

Daddy, what are you doing to me?!?!

No, really, what is this thing?!?!?

They said that I was going to get to eat something yummy.... this must be it!!!

I dunno, this thing looks kinda interesting too- maybe I should try a little bit and see what this is all about.....
Yeah, that's pretty tasty, let me try another bite.....
mmmmmmm.......
Yeah, that's some good stuff

MORE PLEASE?!?!


On second thought, maybe just a nap would be good. (And that's when he said "Mama, nigh nigh" and slept through the rest of his party!)
Although, the party did continue, despite the guest of honor crashing- the bigger kids running around didn't even seem to notice he was missing!
It was a great time- beautiful weather, great friends, and a precious baby boy turing a year old. What better reason to celebrate? Thank you to all of you that helped make the day special- in person and in spirit!!
1 comment:
How the heck did you pull off a party on top of everything else that you have going on?
Happy Birthday Rylan!
Post a Comment