Monday, June 9, 2008

Rhylan and I got back home again last night, after another very long and exhausting week in my hometown. We plan to be here until the 23rd, when we will be making the trek once again- for 2 weeks, for my aunt and I to start cleaning out my Grandma's house, start making some plans for the home (selling, renting, remodeling projects, etc.), and tie up some more legal matters. UGH- I am tired, and pretty emotionally spent, but things are slowly coming together, and we should all have our heads above water soon- I hope.

Speaking of water, it must seem that all my children do is spend time in it! Between swimming lessons, backyard water play, swimming with friends, and prolonged baths, maybe they really do have a little bit of fish DNA in them! Today started swimming lessons, both boys will be going every morning for the next 2 weeks, and then again at the end of July. Brayden's class had some other participants, I don't know if they actually paid their enrollment fee, or just flew in for the fun: The kids were pretty excited to see a flock (is that the right term?) of ducks join them for class- they stayed put the entire time, even with all of the screaming/laughing/splashing children! It was pretty funny.
Brayden spent a lot of time with friends while his brother and I were gone. On Saturday, he went to a birthday party. My friend, Tina, wonderfully volunteered to pick him up so that Jason could continue to work on the siding and getting ready to pour the new patio (this weekend!). Brayden had a great time, you can see a video clip HERE.
That evening Jason and Brayden had a Daddy/Son date- dinner and a movie. Brayden has been begging to see Kung Fu Panda for months now, and it came out this weekend. One of the theatres here had a big kick off with "Po" (the main character), giveaways, and so on. They ended up meeting up with several other friends. The excitement in Brayden's voice when I called home that night was over the top.
Yesterday, another wonderful friend, Michelle, offered to take Brayden to an annual ice cream social with a bounce house that my Mom's Group puts on. He had a blast, and then played at her house afterward, until I got back in town. He and Zach decided that they were going to go "surfing" in the back yard pool. Now that I am back home, Jason is on the road for work all week, so we are keeping plenty busy around here! I think the boys had the right idea by taking a long, relaxing bath tonight, I think I will be doing the same here momentarily (although, I promise not to post those pictures!) Ahhh, it is good to be home again..... for now.


No comments: