Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back in The Swim of Things

Brayden and I had a "date" today! I am leaving again on Tuesday, for the week, and only taking Rhylan, so Brayden and I made it a point to spend the whole day together, and had so much fun!

After running some errands this morning, we headed out to the pool. We sat and ate our picnic lunch together - PB & J for him, sushi for me, we were both more than happy with our selections! Then we spent over 4 hours splashing, sliding, floating, seeing friends, and soaking up the rays.

Brayden has been so excited for the "Turtle Pool" to open (this is a name that he came up with when he was 2 because the mascot/logo is a turtle, and it has just stuck). Two years ago he and I lived there, spending a couple hours almost everyday - then last summer only made it once, after the baby was born. He (read "we") are really excited for another fun summer spending time there.

Today was the perfect day; great weather, lots of people we know there, and the highlight of his day was that he was finally tall enough (42 inches) to go down the BIG water slide- and he did countless times!
That child running, flapping arms, and otherwise acting like a crazy person- that would be Brayden.

Waiving to Mommy from the top of the big slide

This picture doesn't show it very well, it looks like he is calmly coming down the slide- NOT the case! You could hear him laughing and squealing the whole way down, and he was going much faster than this picture would lead you to believe.



He was pretty excited to run into Evie while there. These two have been swimming together for four years now:

All in all, a good start to what, I am sure will be, a wonderful summer!





1 comment:

Tina said...

WOW! Leave it to you to have that old picture! I don't even think I have that one in my book! I'm gonna print it right now and get it in Evie's baby book! Where does the time go???!!!