Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunset

I don't claim to be a good photographer. Heck, half of the time I am lucky to actually hit the shutter button instead of accidentally turning the camera off by hitting the power button, just as I am going in for that "perfect shot". And editing, well, that my friends, is apparently not my forte either. I paid for, and sat through, a 10 week Photoshop class, and am possibly more confused by being armed with the little bit of knowledge I gained from it!
I envy those who have an artistic eye, or can see/find the beauty around them, and so eloquently capture it. (You know who you are!!) But, we each have our own set of talents, and that doesn't come close to being one of mine.
So, you can imagine my joy and excitement when I took pictures from the weekend off of my camera, and found that I actually had a couple that turned out the way I had envisioned! We were at a friend's party on Saturday night-their home is nestled on a wooded lot, with a river running behind it. I witnessed what I think was one of the most beautiful Midwest sunsets I have ever seen:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really pretty! Looks like it was quite peaceful, too.