Tuesday, May 20, 2008

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home

Ok, so I didn't click any red, ruby slippers together 3 times; but I did drive a red van 3 hours yesterday (does that count?)!

We finally made it home last night. I don't know that I have ever been so happy to sleep in my own bed, or to have Jason's feet touching my legs all night (I have a weird thing about feet touching me in my sleep)!! Yipee, we are home! It will probably take me quite a bit of time to get settled back in, lots to do. While we were gone, Rhylan literally outgrew all of the clothes I packed, which in turn were the same size as the ones hanging here in his closest. So, I have the fun of purging baby clothes to take care of, spring planting didn't mysteriously happen in my absence, I have to actually sit down and sort through/file all of the paperwork I have taken over for my grandma, and of course I left things in tidy little piles everywhere in my hurried packing when I left that also need sorting, etc. Oh well, it will get done- at least I am now home to do it :)
Some of our good friends went to dinner with us last night- we obviously had no food in the house, and I wasn't going to grocery shop, plus Brayden really needed some fun friend time. (Any play dates are more than welcome- poor kid has been without any other kids, school, running around, and many other kid activities for over a month!!!) We had a great time, just what we all needed for our first night home. Here are a few shots from the night. It was Randy and Michelle's 13th wedding anniversary, and they chose to spend it not only with their kids, but with our family as well- what good sports!

Brayden and Zach playing a mean game of Air Hockey




My good boy bringing Mommy a much needed beer (he and Daddy decided to buy it for me- LOL)


Brayden showing Daddy (and Bubs) all of his goodies. He has saved up tickets the past 3 times that we have gone there, so that he could get "really good prizes". He was very excited over his car, jelly beans, soccer ring, and I can't remember what else!


1 comment:

Tina said...

glad to see you are back!!! The kids are growing!!! Seems like an eternity since we have seen them.. we may try to make it to the park tomorrow morning for playgroup if it's not too wet out.. I know you'll most likely be busy, but if you get out, maybe we'll see you!