Things are looking up, and it is very likely that the boys and I will be able to return home this weekend!!
My Grandma's rehab stay has been extended, and Grandpa Joe is being discharged this Thursday. After much persuasion, stress, tears, and so forth, he finally resolved to the fact that it is in his best interest to not attempt returning home- alone. YAY! One small victory! He has been accepted to sheltered care (assisted living) in the same nusing home where they have been for their therapy, and will be moving into the room on Thursday. Grandma will hopefully be joining him in a few weeks. It will all depend on how her mobility is, at this point she would still need more skilled care, but is making progress each and everyday- keeping fingers crossed. Having this decision behind us was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders today! Enough so that barring any unforseen circumstances, I will be able to return home for the time being.
I also got the van back today- not without incident, of course, I mean it is our life! When I went to pick it up, I first noticed that what had been an "Uplander LS" when it went it, was being returned to me w/ the tailgate saying "Uplander S". Ummmmm, no, that isn't right! Then, I went to put the car seat in, and noticed there was a huge scratch down the entire passenger side and tail light, that wasn't there before. (This is of course after I had Enterprise pick up the rental van!) I am not a happy camper. The collision center has said that they will fix this tomorrow. I shouldn't have paid them my deductible or signed over the insurance check until this was right, but I was so relieved about having it, and having the meeting at the nursing home go so well today, I let it slide. I think I will be pushing the issue a bit more tomorrow- especially since I had to rent a van 4 days longer than I was told, just to have it not be right!
Oh well, this is small by comparison. I have other things to think about----- like the fact that I will be home soon :)!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!
3 comments:
sorry things have been hectic,, glad you are coming home!
I'm glad to hear that things are beginning to calm down somewhat. You're in my prayers!
Are you home yet?
Post a Comment