Monday, May 26, 2008

I Am Iron Man

A conversation today at lunch:

B: "Mommy, why do we eat meat? Does it have protein?" (Very into nutritional facts lately!)
Me: "Yes, it has protein. Some kinds of meat also have iron."
B: "Oh, Iron", Followed by a moment of silence, "What does iron do?"
Me: (Rather stumped and ticked at myself for mentioning it, because I realized I really didn't know how to explain.) "Well, iron helps keep our blood healthy so that we have energy and stay healthy."
B: "I get it Mommy, I eat meat because it will help make me like Iron Man"
Me: "I guess something like that"
Another pause, and very matter of fact-
B: "You know Mommy, that is the number one movie in America"
(Resumes eating lunch)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Brayden would get along quite well with my nephew! They both think the same way. ;-)

Unknown said...

My goodness, he's a precocious little thing, isn't he? What a character!