Well, this is a looooonnnnnngggg overdue update on what is going on in our little world. I apologize for the delay- I think the more I put it off, the more daunting the task has become. So, here goes; and I apologize in advance for any rambling, disconnectedness (is that a word??), and so forth:
The (never ending) Atkisson Family Christmas had it 3rd, and final, installment the first weekend in January, with Jason's side of the family. His parents had kept the kids for a week, after my sister had had them. It killed me to go 2 solid weeks without seeing them, but gave me some much needed downtime coming out of surgery/hospitalization. Jason and I went down to retrieve our little ones, and were able to spend some time with his family. It was so nice to see everyone, and even nicer that the boys got such a huge chunk of time with that side of the family- they just don't get to do that often enough. They had a great time playing with their cousin, Dylan (3)- but I am guessing Grandma Debbie is happy to get her quiet house back.
Some pictures of the cousins "Rocking Out" (as Brayden says) to Guitar Hero World Tour:
After returning home, Brayden went back to school, and Rhylan started at the same "school" two days a week. (Yes, our "baby" is growing up.) Rhylan seems to really like it there, and doesn't even seem phased when being dropped off- just runs right in his room, engaging in activity, as if he owns the place. It is a great relief to know that both of our boys are so happy with where they are, and that going to "school" brings a sense of excitement to both of them.
I too started at a new school this past week---- except this time I am the professor, not the student. My first week of teaching went quite well. I was very nervous about starting- nervous about getting everything together, "learning the ropes", filling the entire class time with information- while keeping it interesting, and not looking like an idiot to the students. Seems that those fears are quickly subsiding, and I am getting my land legs. I have already had several students contact me outside of class expressing enthusiasm about my class, asking for feedback, and also giving me compliments. So far, so good. I am still recovering, so I am quite exhausted from the week, but each day gets a bit better. I have had some bumps in the road with bouncing back from surgery this time, and still am in quite a bit of pain, and very swollen and sore (especially for 3 weeks out)- which is disheartening, but should pass with time. The doctor thinks that it is probably secondary to the amount scar tissue he had to cut through, and, work around- he told us this week that he had a very hard time even opening me up, and things didn't get any easier once inside. Because of all of the previous surgeries, things were really bound and basically "cemented" together in my abdomen, and he had to do a lot more relocating and cutting than anticipated, to achieve the desired outcome. Oh well, I am a tough chick, this isn't anything that is going to stop me in my tracks for long! (And at least I have some answers as to why I was still feeling like poo this far out. I was seriously starting to think I had become a wimp in my old age! Nice to have medical backing that I am not a wuss, and that he actually thinks I am doing well given how much difficutly he had- I just wish I had known ahead of time what he faced in there, so I hadn't thought it was in my head. LOL.)
Jason remains busy, as always, with work. The busy-ness has be exacerbated by the fact that he is such a wonderful husband, and feels that he needs to play the role of personal nurse and Mr. Mom. There have been some exciting things that have happened for him at work, which help to keep his moral high. It's a wonderful feeling to know how much they really do appreciate him. (I only hope he knows he is even more appreciated at home, even though the kids and I can't demonstrate it in such tangible ways !)
I think that is about it on our end. We tend to keep ourselves pretty busy around here- and are looking forward to our much needed vacation--- IN TWO WEEKS! (It can't get here fast enough)

No comments:
Post a Comment