Our conversation at dinner tonight:
Brayden: "Mommy, did you have a good day at work?"
Me: "Yes I did"
Brayden: "Did you make lots of glasses for people?"
Me: "Yes, I did"
Brayden: "And how about you Daddy? Did you make money at your work?"
Jason: "Mommy makes money at work too."
Brayden: "No, Mommy makes glasses."
It took me a second, and then I put it together....
Me: "Brayden, do you think that Daddy goes to work and actually makes money?"
Brayden: "Well, yeah, that's what Daddy does, he goes to work and makes money all day."
We both got a good laugh out of it. I think we got him straightened out on the difference between earning money and making money- and that Daddy is actually an engineer the designs buildings, and that he gets paid money to do that.
Makes you realize how literally kids can interpret things! To think that all this time Brayden thought his Daddy worked for the U.S. Mint- or was a professional counterfeiter! (He was kind of surprised to find out what his Daddy really does.)
No comments:
Post a Comment