Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkins



Last night we decorated our pumpkins for Halloween. Brayden decided this year that he didn't want to carve jack-o-lanterns, but wanted to paint them. He assigned us each a pumpkin and told us what he wanted us to put on it- plus I had found a Mr. Potato Head pumpkin making kit that was a ninja, so we of course had to get that for one of them. On the left is Daddy's Ninja Pumpkin, the middle is Brayden's "creepy green guy" (he actually did most of the design and coloring, but Daddy came along and touched it up a bit), and then the little one on the right is Mommy's Ghost/Bat creation. Have I ever mentioned that I have zero artistic ability or talent?!?!


Brayden is getting excited about Halloween this year. Every year seems to just get more fun with him, and we have so many activities coming up (I am sure there will be lots of pictures in the next couple of weeks!!). The fun already starts tomorrow with a Halloween Party with the Mother's Group that we are in.


On a side note, here is a picture, from yesterday, of our littlest family member doing "tummy time" and discovering himself in the mirror. He has wonderful head control already, and really enjoys doing tummy time and sitting in his Bumbo. In the last couple of days he has started trying to pull his head up when he is laying on his back when we are holding him, or he is in his swing/bouncy seat, like he wants to sit up. He is just getting so big so fast!!

And I had to add this one.... just because. Check out those thighs!! No more chicken legs here!! He has gotten a new nickname around here lately- Brayden had been calling him "Brudder", which then morphed to "Bubba", and then shortend to "Bubby", and now the latest that his big brother has come up with.... "Chubby Bubby". (It fits!!)

2 comments:

Erin Bockoven-Troll said...

Hey girl, long time no see! I sure wish I could see my MAM friends more often. Kurt always has a meeting on the night of the chapter meeting and working full time I guess I can't really go to play groups :(
Anyway, I've been thinking about you lately and thought I'd say hi. Then I came up with a "real" reason to say hi...
I noticed on some pictures a while back of you and Rhylan that he was wearing wraps over his diapers. Do you guys use cloth diapers? If you do, where do you get your supplies. When we lived in Mlps/St Paul there was a place called pea pods that I planned to get stuff from before Clayton was born, but not living there anymore I'm on a search for a good place once we get ready to have baby #2. Anyway...
I hope things are going well for you guys. Looks like you're busy having lots of fun with your fam. :)
I hope we'll get to see eachother soon-ish.
Hugs from the Bockovens!

Tina said...

Hey.. I think your pumpkin looks great! Way better than any painting that I would do! I carved two pumkins already which was dumb, because they are already rotted LOL I'll wait and carve the other two a few days before Halloween. We are doing "Shrek" designs on ours this year.. also Evie's idea. Had fun today at the party and lunch.. I can't believe how good the kids were.. I'm gonna get pics up in a few.. I thought I'd wait for Donita to email the ones that she took first. See you soon!