Back in April, Dr. Phil did a show about Hyperemesis Gravadarum (the pregnancy disease that I had during my pregnancy with Rhylan). This was the first public "showing" of this disease and the impications that it can have. Since that time this horrible condition has been getting much more notice. This past week it made the NBC Nightly News, as well as their morning news show the next day. It isn't much, but 2 minutes of attention to such a life changing, rare, un-noticed condition, is a step in the right direction.
When I was diagnosed with HG, I had never heard of it, much less thought that I would live through it. Since that time I have made it through as a stronger person, with a stronger family, and a beautiful little miracle to show for it.
If you are reading this blog, it means that you are here because you are connected to our family in some way. I ask of you to just click the link below and join us in just a brief glimpse of the past year of our lives. Not to dwell on the bad, but to celebrate the good that has come out of it. Yes, there were times that were truly touch and go, but we are here as a wonderful, happy, family of four.... there are others out there that are not so lucky.....
1 comment:
What a great report! It takes me back to when Rhylan was in your tummy. I'm so glad both of you are fine. He's such an adorable baby!!
Post a Comment