Our little spot on the web to keep family and friends up to speed on what is going on in our world.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Visiting Family
Itook the boys to my hometown last week. My aunt, Bonnie, was visiting from California (very spur of the moment), so we went to see her, and the rest of the family. It was great timing, as my sister had 2 days off of work, so we were able to spend a lot of time together. She and I are best friends and don't get to see each other nearly as often as we would like. Brayden absolutely adores both Bethany, and her husband, Jason (aka Auntie Boo and Uncle Zerbert)... and the feelings are very much reciprocated! They are pretty much second parents for our kids- they love them, are great with them, and are the first to jump in to help with them, or even discipline.
It was wonderful to be able to visit for an entire week of family, old friends, and relaxing. I never thought that I would say this, but I wish we could move there- or at least in the vicinity. I really kind of felt a sense of sadness coming back here on Thursday. There is so much to do there- shopping, great restaurants, wonderful parks and family oriented activities, close to the city, and the biggest factor, family and true, life long friends.
Here are a few pictures from the week:
Auntie Boo getting ready to give Rhylan a bath (boy, was it nice to have a second "Mommy" giving me some time off!!).
Auntie Boo and Rhylan taking a snooze
Brayden and Rhylan hanging out
Brayden doing Karoke at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants (ok, I cheated, this was actually taken during our last visit, the week before- but it was too cute not to put in here!)
Bethany grew up as a competitive ice skater and continues to coach, part time. She is a wonderful skater, but even more wonderful with her ability to teach children in a loving and embracing way (she is a second grade teacher). Brayden has been begging for her to teach him how to ice skate for quite some time, and we finally had time for him to go during this last trip. At first he was really scared, but once we got him on the ice, he did pretty well. He didn't move too quickly, buy never fell, and by the last lap was going without holding her hand. I was quite the proud mommy as I watched him- he had a very proud great grandma and great aunt cheering him on from the side as well!!
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Awww..those pics did turn out very cute. I had so much fun with you and the munchkins!!!
1 comment:
Awww..those pics did turn out very cute. I had so much fun with you and the munchkins!!!
Post a Comment