First, as we were pulling in the parking lot for what was supposed to be an enjoyable dinner out with friends, I got a call-- It was my lifelong friend, Susan (Rhylan's Godmother), in tears. Her childhood home, where her mom still lives, had just burned- to the ground- just minutes before. Minimal news coverage can be seen here: http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/16690866.html#comments . She was, of course, hysterical, and is flying home from Colorado tomorrow. I am hoping to finagle things with my work schedule for the upcoming week to get home and help them "sift" through what little may be left, or at least be moral support. I just feel so helpless. Her mom has always been a mom to everyone, and always gives of herself; putting everyone else first. Susan's dad passed just a year and a half ago- now this. I just don't get it! I have been beside myself all night since getting the call!
To top things off, we no sooner walk in the door from dinner, and the phone rings again. This time it is Jason's mom- calling to tell him that his life long best friend's grandma died tonight. This is in the midst of his friend's mom (daughter of the grandma) recovering from surgery for cancer, and losing her voice box. Sometimes it seems that when it rains, it pours. And to add another cliche', if things always happen in 3's, here's to hoping that my hangnail is the third, because this enough for the people closest to us to deal with right now!
Susan/Brad: If you are reading this, please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now! Saying "I'm sorry" just isn't enough! (You want to know the funny thing that just dawned on me as I typed that sentence?!?! At our wedding, Susan caught the bouquet, and Brad the garter....... strange!)

No comments:
Post a Comment