Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fine Dining

We got the high chair out of storage today, with the anticipation of just having Rhylan sit and watch us for meals and slowly just start putting cereal in front of him to see if he got interested in trying it. Well, the interest was there as soon as he saw it!! He got really excited, and opened wide right off the bat. He gobbled up the whole bowl (well- 1 tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with 3 tablespoons of breastmilk) in about 5 minutes, and was not even too messy with it.

Brayden really enjoyed watching and helping his brother eat for the first time. We aren't in any hurry to get him fully on "solids", but I think we will start slowly with cereal once a day for now, and expand a little bit at a time.

It seems like just yesterday (not almost exactly 4 years ago to the day!) that Brayden had his first cereal- and hasn't stopped eating since. I wonder if Rhylan will love food as much as his brother? It will be fun to find out!! For those of you that have never asked him, Brayden will tell you that his favorite foods are "Shrimp, Sushi, Onion Rings, Chinese, and Indian Food"- I just asked him to tell me them again, to double check, and make sure I didn't miss quote him!

Here are some pictures from today---- and some pictures from 4 years ago. There are days that I don't think the boys look much alike, and other days I see a lot of similarities- of course Rhylan being the blond-ish, blue eyed version. Looking at these shots side by side (Rhylan on the top, Brayden on the bottom), let's see what you think!




free pollsDo you think that Brayden and Rhylan look alike at the same age?
Not at all
Some what
Very much














1 comment:

Tina said...

I voted "Not at all" based on these pictures! I'm actually amazed at how different their facial features are.. the blue eyes on Rhylan really make him look different as well.