Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter 2008

The kids and I spent Easter with my family. Jason was unable to come home with us due to a huge deadline on a project for work. Bethany and I were leaving from up there for our cruise a couple of days later, my friend Susan was in town dealing with everything- and as I mentioned, my grandma needed my help as well. So, since Jason was going to be spending every waking moment at work, it just made more sense to make the trek up for the holiday.

The boys had a great Easter at Tata and Grandpa Bob's. Rhylan slept through finding the eggs that the bunny had hidden the night before, but we figured he wouldn't be too disappointed about it, so I let Brayden go ahead and find them all. He did have to wait for his brother to get his basket full of goodies though. Here are a few shots of him finding his eggs:



Here are the boys before Church, with their baskets from the Bunny (who, by the way, left real tracks in the snow in the front yard, leading right up to the front door. Brayden got so excited when he saw them!).

There was also an Egg Hunt at church:

Brayden getting ready for the hunt


Some of the kids that participated

After church, we all went out for brunch. It was nice and small- just my parents, my sister and brother in law, and me - with the kids. Usually we have more family and close family friends for holidays, but it was just us this year. I really missed my Grandma and Grandpa Joe - they weren't able to join us because of Grandma's health, but I took the boys over there later to visit her. I think that her youngest Great Grandson brightened her day a bit- what do you think by the expression on her face (and his)?!?!

All in all, it was a good Easter. We, of course, missed Jason, but the bunny came to visit our house too while we were gone, so Daddy got to have some Easter fun with the boys last night. He was happy to be able to partake in some of the fun, especially since he hadn't seen his sons in nearly 2 weeks.


No comments: