Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Augie

Good bye to a wonderful, loving, and faithful member of our family.

Augie was given to me back in 1995. My parents were rather reluctant to let me bring him into their home- but that only lasted about 30 seconds once they met the beautiful lab puppy. It was love at first sight. When I left home a to go back to school, they very willingly kept him- He has actually been known to be referred to as "son" around their house. Augie has been nothing but a good dog through these past 13 years, and very much loved.

He has slowed down a bit in the past couple of years, but other than that, he was still healthy and full of life. I just was home, and was with him this past Friday, and he seemed fine. Apparently on Saturday, he wouldn't eat or drink anything, and was acting out of character. My parent's took him to the vet, where they discovered a large mass in his abdomen. The option of surgery was given, but because of his age, the chance of survival was slim. It was a very hard choice, but the decision to put him to sleep, and not let him suffer was made. Augie went very peacefully at 4:30 yesterday afternoon.

We love you and will miss you, Good Boy

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Donita said...

((Sniff, sniff)) man, it's hard losing a doggie-loved one. I am sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that Augie's passed on. He was a sweet dog!