Sunday, October 5, 2008

Buddy Walk

The boys and I joined some friends for Buddy Walk- a fundraiser/family event to raise money and promote acceptance and inclusion for those with Down Syndrome. One of Brayden's friends has Down Syndrome, and we figured that this was the least we could do for him, his family, and other's living with it. (Please help out this worthwhile cause by sponsoring Brayden's friend, Hagen, by clicking HERE.)

The day was so fun, we will certainly be making this a tradition. There was, of course, a walk (hence being called Buddy Walk, maybe??), but there were lots of carnival games, inflatable rides, face painting, tumbling demonstrations, Child Protection registration, balloon animal artists, food, police car/ambulance, a magician, and much more.

(Brayden stayed, with a friend, to watch the magician while I took Rhylan to eat and walk around, and I missed it---- apparently the magician made Brayden float in mid air!!! I am so bummed that I missed it, and no one got a picture of it. At first I thought that Brayden was making it up, until I had other parent's in the crowd telling me about it.)

Here are some pictures from the day:

Rhylan with one of the participants of the walk.


Which end of the police car do you predict will be in his future???????



Having fun at the carnival



Sooooo tired from all of the excitement.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: