We spent the afternoon of the 4th with some more friends, at an annual 4th of July party. (Thanks for hosting yet another wonderful year, D and P! We always look forward to your party!)
Following the party, we had some friends come back to our house, and joined some other neighbors, to watch the fireworks from our yard. The past two years they have set off the fireworks only about 3 blocks from our house- last year the view was "ok", this year it was GREAT! They must have moved where they were launching, or the wind carried them differently. Here are a couple of shots taken from our yard. (I don't know if I am more impressed with them in person, or the fact that I actually caught decent pictures- we all know about my photographic shortcomings!)
Following the party, we had some friends come back to our house, and joined some other neighbors, to watch the fireworks from our yard. The past two years they have set off the fireworks only about 3 blocks from our house- last year the view was "ok", this year it was GREAT! They must have moved where they were launching, or the wind carried them differently. Here are a couple of shots taken from our yard. (I don't know if I am more impressed with them in person, or the fact that I actually caught decent pictures- we all know about my photographic shortcomings!)


On the plus side to having them so close to home- we were already in the house, kids in bed, and our pajamas on, when we decided to take these pictures after having our (usually quiet, residential) street become a grid locked traffic jam for over 2 hours! There really is no good way to get in and out of the area where they had the display, so our street became a main artery for the traffic. The pictures don't even come close to doing it justice! It was much nicer to be curled up on the couch, relaxing, than having to deal with being in one of those vehicles!



No comments:
Post a Comment