Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th (Well 3rd) of July 2008

Rhylan and I came home about 5:30 on Thursday (July 3rd) night, just enough time to throw our bags in the house and start having an enjoyable couple of days with family and friends! Just what we both needed- it feels great to be home (for the time being) and to be able to be surrounded by good company, good food, and our loving little family to celebrate the holiday!

We spent Thursday evening with some good friends, at their home in a neighboring town, for their fireworks celebration. It is a great time every year- tons of kids playing, cooking out, seeing friends, followed by one of the most spectacular firework displays I have ever seen (well, outside of when I was living in NYC or downtown Chicago!)


I had wondered if the loud explosions would bother Rhylan this year (last year, he was only 4 days old and didn't notice a thing- just nursed right through the whole show). He LOVED them- squealed and laughed throughout. Here he is "telling Daddy all about it"!
Brayden was pretty excited too- as noted by the jumping up and down as more and more fireworks went off.
It was a great night, and a great primer to another good day to follow!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: