In this first picture, you can see his face. During the ultrasound he was smacking his lips, yawning, and rubbing his face. It was so cute! It almost looks like he is smiling here- which the technician even commented on.
+30+weeks+1.jpg)
This is one of the 3D ultrasound pictures. It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at, and then it just jumped out at me. On the left side of the picture, you can see where it is all black, and then the profile of his face pops out. He even had his eye open- which is very rare in utero.
+30+weeks.jpg)
I know I promised I would not have anymore drama happen with me, but I guess that some things are out of my control. I figured I would give a quick update since I have had several people inquiring.
I was admitted to the hospital, (for the 11th time) right from my appointment, for severe dehydration and more weight loss. The doctor decided that it was time for me to have a PICC line (click for more detail on what a PICC is, if you are unfamiliar). I had the procedure performed on Friday to have it placed, and started on peripheral nutrition (TPN) through it that night. After I was released last night, I was admitted to Home Health nursing care, and the nurse came and spent about 3 hours with us to teach us how to set up my equipment and do the infusions, and was back for about 2 hours this morning. The hope is that getting nutrition through the tube feeding will get my nutritional status to a better place, solve the problem of the loss of consciousness episodes, get my blood pressure normalized, and help me to gain some weight- as the baby needs to gain about 1/2 pound a week at this point and the doctor was worried that the baby could fail to get what he needs or worsen my condition further in the process. As of right now, I am honestly not feeling any better from the nutrition, but am hopeful that I will soon. I think that I was so sick when I was admitted, now topped off with being exhausted and overwhelmed, and the increased nausea from the TPN, that my body has just had it.
The home health nurse will be back tonight to check in on me and get the TPN going again for the night. I am happy that I am getting the care I need, but had a little breakdown last night after having to sign paperwork stating that I understand that to have the in home care, that I have to remain home bound while I have the PICC line- which is until delivery!! Not getting home care isn't an option as they supply the TPN, equipment, and have to do my dressing changes, and blood draws 3 times a week. I am not happy about this agreement, and will be dealing with the director of the home nursing company early next week. I understand that I am already supposed to be on modified bed rest, and that it is a liability issue for them, but they also have to understand that I am not their usual elderly patient with infection, post surgery, etc.! The home bound clause is something that was implemented by Medicare, which I am very obviously not on! I already feel so isolated and depressed having gone through all of this the past 7.5 months, I can not imagine not even being able to go to a friend's house, or to the store with my family, nothing, until the baby is born.
On a positive note, due to the severity of the complications of this pregnancy, my doctor has moved my c-section up by 2 weeks. Rhylan will be making his appearance into the world in just under 6 weeks- the week of July 4th!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment