Saturday, May 12, 2007

Scary Day

It really wasn't my intent to use this blog to post the woe's of this pregnancy, but it just seems to keep being the biggest news in our house. Today was no exception- only this drama was new and different than anything I have ever experienced.

I swear, I can't seem to catch a break! So, I woke up this morning feeling pretty well- or at least well comparatively speaking for me. We took Brayden to his last swimming lesson, then to Home Depot to get paint for the nursery and flowers to plant in the front yard. It felt so good to feel somewhat normal and be out w/ my family on a beautiful day. Brayden had to go to a birthday party this afternoon, so we decided to just grab some lunch while we were out (I had actually kept down my Cheerios this morning!). Brayden LOVES a particular Chinese buffet in town and really wanted to go there, so we did.... That is when the fun started.

I took Brayden up to get his food, and before I even got a plate, I turned to Jason and said "Honey, I am not feeling right, I need to go sit down". On my way back to the table I lost all of my peripheral vision and was just overcome by the strangest feeling. All I can remember after that was looking at a booth across from me thinking "maybe I should lie down before I pass out", but not wanting to look like an idiot by doing so, and then a lady 2 tables away asking "Are you ok honey, you don't look very good?". I remember saying "No, I feel really weird." The next thing I knew, Jason was holding my head, I was shaking, sweating profusely, and my eyes were rolling back in my head, 2 women had Brayden, and there were several people standing around me, including an off duty EMT on the phone to 911 saying that I had a seizure. I remember being asked questions, but I couldn't answer them, and the voices were all warped and echo-y. Then things go blank again. I don't remember anything more after that until I woke up in the back of an ambulance with an oxygen mask on me and them trying to start an IV.

My BP was WAY low in the ER- 78/52, and they were saying that was "up" from what it was when the ambulance first got me. The ER doc wants me on a heart monitor for 3 days to track what is going on, but he couldn't get a hold of one today so I have to wait until Monday to go to the Cardiac Care Center to get hooked up on the monitor. I also have to go to my OB on Monday for him to follow up and to see if this is PG related (I am guessing so!!) etc. In the meantime, I am to take it easy, check my BP and heart rate often, and absolutely no activity or driving. I have fainted before, but never anything like this- it was SO scary. I experienced what is called Syncope or Vasal Vagal Episodes twice when I was pregnant with Brayden, which isn't all that uncommon in pregnancy. They are scary fainting episodes, and despite being very scary they are "harmless". This was very different from that, and I can't even explain the feeling that overcame me before this happened today, or when coming to.

Oh, and just to top off the fun, I have a Urinary Tract Infection. If you all recall, I was in the hospital on Monday for contractions on top of a constant "pressure type pain" in my lower abdomen. I am guessing this would explain why the pressure is still there!! I got a big shot of antibiotics while in the ER and hopefully that will do the trick, but my Dr. will following up on it when I go on Monday.

***Promise to self: The next blog entry I post will be drama free and about a wonderful day that I have been able to have!!!***

No comments: