Update on Being "Homebound" : I still am not allowed to drive, but I am exempt from the Homebound Clause that I had to sign!! Yay! Hooray for small victories!
Jason just talked to our Benefits Coordinator for our insurance this morning regarding this concern, and she said that is absurd in my situation. She explained that the reasoning behind that rule is (as I had said), because most Home Health patients are Medicare patients, and it is felt that if you need home care it is because you are unable to get out of the house to get the care you need- which makes sense. However, in my case, the only other place to receive the services that I am getting from the home health nurse would be the hospital. As far as the insurance is concerned, they would rather pay for home nursing care than a hospital admit if at all possible, so this is the best option (I agree!). So, to make a long story short, they can take their "Homebound Clause" out of my chart and burn it!!
Now, who wants to come over and pick me up to go somewhere and get me out of here for a while!?!?!? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment