Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Sound of Silence

Thursday night we met Jason's parents for dinner to drop Brayden off with them. He is "on vacation" at Grandma Debbie and Papa Rick's for 10 days!! This is the longest I have ever been without my little man. I miss him so much already! He is having a great time though- Friday night they went to the lake (they have a trailer site on the Lake of Egypt in Southern Illinois) and were staying for the weekend. Brayden was excited to go fishing, drive Papa Rick's golf cart, and turn the boat into his very own pirate ship.

Jason is very busy with coaching baseball again this summer. He is usually gone at least 2 nights during the week, and then all day on weekends, for games. This weekend his team is hosting a Wooden Bat Tournament for teams from 3 surrounding states. He is running the whole thing, so I haven't seen him much lately. Next weekend his team is playing in a 3 day tournament in Carbondale, which is only 15 minutes from his hometown, so he will pick Brayden up while he is down there.

My sister is coming to stay with me and "babysit" me while Jason is gone next weekend. I am really looking forward to that. I don't remember the last time that she and I had a weekend together without husbands or Brayden. We always have a wonderful time together, and it will be even nicer to have it just the two of us.

Needless to say, my house is pretty darn quiet without either of my boys around. I am still not allowed to drive (*hopefully* will get cleared this Thursday!! keep your fingers crossed for me), so it is pretty boring around here. I have all of these mental lists of things that need to get done before the baby is born, and no way to do them- frustrating! I am planning on using my excess of "alone time" to work on a few things that I can do though. I have to put a scrapbook together from a friend's baby shower that was 2 weeks ago, and I also plan on catching up on some continuing education credit hours for my American Board of Opticianry certification renewal, as my current license expires at the end of the year. I figure I might as well do the hours now, while I have peace, rather than after there is a new little person in our house!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I just did 4 credits for my ABO as well LOL That was exactly what I was thinking.. I don;t wanna have to mess with it after the baby comes.. I did them Friday night... I did mine on www.2020mag.com

Maybe I'll see ya sometimes this week!