Saturday, August 2, 2008

Concert At the Atkisson House

A little background here.......
Well, I must begin this entry by saying that Brayden's Grandpa John would be proud!! The magical, timeless, wonder of ABBA has made it's way to yet another generation of our family. God rest your soul, Dad, but somehow you keep living on in my daily life......
I grew up listening to ABBA (so wish I could insert the backward "B" in there!) with my father- who in so many ways Brayden reminds me (and other family members) of. It was more than weird... cool... ironic.... when, last week I came home from seeing Mama Mia with some friends, and Brayden was irate that I had gone to see the movie without him. He insisted that he has "wanted to see it for a hundred years, and loves that music" (thank you TV/marketing!!).
Begrudgingly, the next day, I asked if he would like to listen to "Mama Mia Music" (aka ABBA-again, want the backward "B"!) in the van---- to which he emphatically said "YES!!". Oh, what a monster that was created, as the CD has since been stolen from my van, and played on repeat in his room. (Not that Jason or I mind listening to it- we both love the music, and even more so since seeing Mama Mia on stage a couple of years ago.)
What started out as music to go to sleep to, has turned into a bit of an obsession. I woke up to find this on Brayden's door this morning:
(Ok, if you can't read his writing, I will translate: "MomaMia Concert Brayden 4:00". Do you see it now?)
We made him put his "concert" off until 7- after dinner and clean up.
You are now more than welcome to have a sneak peek of our rising star perform his "concert":




Thank you for joining our show.... we hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Tina said...

You go, Brayden!! Great concert!