Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Waves of Fun

We are in my hometown for the week to deal with family affairs. We took a day away from our obligations to have a little fun, and celebrate our little man turning 5 today!!!!!
We decided to take him to a huge water park, and to say that he had fun would be an understatement. I only wish I had thought to take more pictures of the park itself, but it is kind of hard to tote a camera around with you when you are spending the day in the water! This place has an enormous wave pool, several big tube slides, 3 (5 story tall) body slides, a water "roller coaster", awesome lazy river, and the coolest kids play area that I have ever seen (complete with a 1000 gallon water bucket that dumps over the area every so often).

The weather was perfect, unseasonably comfortable- and the crowds were light. It was a perfect day, and the perfect way to celebrate a monumental birthday with Brayden!!!


Here he is running into the waves as they started up.

This was inside the kids area. It looks muddy in the picture, but that is the look I think they are going for- it is actually concrete, just not painted traditional pool blue. This area had climbing ropes, bridges, water toys, places to float, the large dumping bucket I mentioned, and smaller versions of water slides. (Not that Brayden needed the kiddy versions- our little daredevil went right to the huge body slides as his first activity choice!)

Relaxing before lunch (and breaking the sun chair with his rear end- notice the missing straps?)

And what day would be complete without an unexpected visit with Ronald McDonald?!!? Yeah, I don't know why he was there, it was rather random, to say the least, but Brayden was excited---- and when you are the birthday boy, that is all that matters!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hapy Birthday Brayden!!! Looks like you had a great day!

The Mead's Larry, Teresa and Riley ***** Aggie, Baylee and now Zeek said...

we were there on Wed the 13th