Friday, August 1, 2008

Two Little Monkeys

Today was a hot, sticky, supposed to storm, nasty day. Instead of staying cooped up with 2 boys with lots of energy, we decided to go to the indoor (read, air conditioned comfort) park. I hadn't gone there in quite some time- partially because it has been a pretty nice summer so we spend a lot of time outside, and partially because I have been afraid of how it would be with a mobile little one. Gone are the days of letting Brayden run like the crazy 4 year old that he is, while Mommy just sits back, watches, and converses with friends!
The littlest monkey was not happy in the stroller, so I decided to put him in his baby sling (which he still loves sitting in...... usually). He proceeded to somehow twist, fling, and do other sorts of contortions that I can't quite describe, his way out of there, and slid down my leg, as if I were a fireman's pole, to get down and be part of the action! Nothing short of Baby Houdini!
After trying to crawl his way to the rapidly spinning Merry Go Round, and being diverted several times, he discovered the slide. At first it seemed innocent enough- just pulling up and looking at it as if he were thinking "Hmmmm, I wonder what this thing is????"

Then he discovered that he could climb UP this wonderful new thing:

Keep on Climbing:

Life at the top:

Wheeeee, this thing is pretty fun
What goes up must come down.......
....... And try it all again!!!!

And here is the bigger monkey, monkey-ing around on the monkey bars. He actually went across quite a few of them all by himself!

Taking a break to hang upside down in true Monkey Style:

And here he is just being the normal Goof Ball that he is:


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tina said...

What fun! Sorry we missed it today!