Thursday, September 25, 2008

FaceLift

I don't know what got into me today--- I am not known for my "creative juices flowing" or my "eye for design". Nope, I am pretty much Plain Jane; whether it be my personal style, or decorating around the house. My mind just doesn't work like other's I know (and am jealous of their ability to envision these sorts of things).

Today I was at the fabric store looking for material for Rhylan's Halloween Costume, and after finding what I needed (another story, for another day....), I happened to walk through the upholstery aisle, and a fabric caught my eye.

Our dining room chairs are in sad shape. Dare I even say pathetic shape??? We probably didn't make the wisest choice, as a young couple with no kids, to get chairs with cream colored seats. Now that we are a (not so) young couple, with 2 kids--- and the messes that come with them, and a cat to boot, those cream seats have become more "multi colored" with stains, discoloring, pet hair, etc. It doesn't seem they ever come clean, no matter how much I vacuum, have the carpet cleaners clean them, or Scotch Guard them. YUCK.

So, I saw this fabric, and the vision popped in my mind of how our chairs would look with a bit of a Face Lift, and on a whim, I bought enough to recover all 8 of them. Due to some technical difficulties with a staple gun (stupid thing), I have only gotten 3 of them finished, but so far I am really happy with how they look. Not only is it an updated look, it matches our walls perfectly. They also will help hide the dirt, plus it is micro suede, so they will clean very well.

Here is a peek at my attempt:

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tina said...

MUCH better! Great job! I'm gonna need to re-do mine at smoe point as well.. or maybe I'll have you do it! LOL

Amy Drane said...

FABULOUS! Totally looks like A girl from Texas's fabric :) You both have great taste!