Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Weekend Widows Playgroup

It is a pretty common occurrence in our community for Mom's to be left at home with the kids on a Saturday afternoon during college football season. So between that, and the fact that the Mom's Group that I belong to has had an influx of members that work full time outside the home, a new weekend playgroup has started up. Today was the kick off group, and we had 5 moms and 10 kids join the fun at a local park. (Pretty good turn out for a first time meeting!)
I wasn't able to get pictures of a lot of the kids, because they were all running in different directions, and no one stayed in one spot for more than half a second. Who do those KIDS think they are? Running and playing, like they are supposed to do, while I am trying to get some pictures?!?!
Brayden, and his lifelong pal, Evie


Rhylan, Evan (Evie's little brother), and Garren (in the background) hanging out on the swings.

Brayden "monkeying" around


Evan (L) and Rhylan (R) "talking" on the slides

And lastly, the brothers going down the slide together. And, yes, they are- once again- dressed alike. I am sure you can guess who was the fashion coordinator at our house this morning. (Hint, Jason is gone, and I was brushing my teeth/doing my hair when Rhylan's outfit was pulled from the closet and laid out on his changing table..... and Brayden had already dressed himself.)

No comments: