Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No First Day Jitters

Thank you to all of you that have called/emailed to check in today: Brayden did BEAUTIFULLY.

I was a bit concerned after seeing his behavior/attitude yesterday, but when this morning came, he was nothing short of excited. He was in our room, before 7, saying "Daddy, why aren't you ready? I am all dressed, it's my first day at my new school."

Jason dropped him off, and he went right in and began his day- as if he had been doing it for years. When I stopped by (to drop off some forgotten items), he didn't even notice me in the room for at least a couple minutes. His teacher finally alerted him that I was standing there. I showed him what I had brought (his blanket and snuggy for nap time), and his response was "Oh, ok. Thank you Mommy, I will see you tonight". That was that, and right back to what he was doing- which at that moment was taking apart an old radio, disconnecting/reconnecting wires, and using tools, right up his alley.

Jason just got home with him about a half an hour ago. I heard the door open, and then an excited little voice say: "I love my new school Mommy!! I did ___, and ____, and ___ (honestly can't tell you because he was talking so fast). I had a super yummy lunch. And guess what? I made a new friend. Oh, and they let us play outside A LOT, like 4 times today!!"

He is excited to go back tomorrow. I knew everything would be fine, but it is always unnerving to venture into the unknown- especially after so many years of having your "comfort zone".

(Oh, and one more awesome thing about this new school: They have gymnastic lessons we can sign up for!! He has been begging to take gymnastics, so this is wonderful- he gets the lesson, without us having to lose another night/weekend for the activity, or giving up something else!!)

1 comment:

Tina said...

awesome! So glad that he liked it!!!