Friday, September 12, 2008

A Friendly Visit :)

My wonderful, dear friend, Cassie stopped by today- rather spur of the moment- for a visit. Cassie, our friend Jennifer, and I were inseparable when we lived in Chicago. After Jason and I moved here, we all kept in touch, and remained close- but obviously didn't see each other all that often. Then, they both moved back to their native Texas within months of each other.

Today, Cassie was on her way back from a business trip to Toronto, and was able to swing by. It was great seeing her, and we had a wonderful visit. She had never met Rhylan, and not seen Brayden since he was an ity bitty baby.

Before she hit the road again, we all headed out to dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant. The boys had a great time (well, other than Jason giving Rhylan a tortilla chip, and him choking to the point that he couldn't breath and was literally turning a very scary color of blue. I was giving him the Heimlich and reaching as far back in his throat as I could trying to get it out, screaming "he's blue, he's blue, he isn't breathing, and hearing people all around us panic as they see my little purplish, blue baby trying to gasp for air. Quite scary, but I digress.....) Anyway, other than that we had a great time. There was a musician, Sergio Wals, that was singing traditional Mexican songs, but also has recently put out a children's CD (in English). The kids LOVED the music, and he even gave Brayden a copy of the CD. (For those in town, and interested, he will be performing on September 20th at Pages during story time).

Brayden was very excited to run into his buddy "C" at the restaurant, and asked that I get a picture of them together.

It was a great day- a long overdue visit with a wonderful friend that I miss so much.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: