Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Steps

Just a couple of cute pictures of Rhylan reclining, relaxing, and enjoying a refreshment after a hard day's work.... of learning how to WALK !!!!!!
After we had pretty much given up all hope that he would walk sometime before, let's say, college, it seemed to be his one and only mission today. By no means has it taken the place of crawling as his main form of transportation, but it is more than he has ever done before. He is consistently taking between 6-12 steps before getting down to crawl the rest of the way to his destination.

This first (short) video was Jason's first time seeing him take steps. I was in the kitchen making dinner, and he thought to grab the camera:


This next video was just too funny not to share. We crack up every time we watch it. (Not such a successful try on Rhylan's part, but entertaining!)


5 comments:

Tina said...

I'm cracking up too! LOL Awesome, Rhylan!

"I'm tryin', I'm trying'.. DOPE!"

Wendy said...

That's how it starts! Good for you Rhylan!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Adorable!

Lys said...

Way to go Rhylan - Now that you're walking and have teeth, there's practically nothing left of "babyhood".

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for walking! He's not a track star yet, but he's getting there. That second video is too funny.